 CAD / 4987
4986  |  4988
Subject:
Implementing LDS in LDAO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 17:08:35 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

In lugnet.cad, Chris Dee wrote:

I think I would use it
more if I could more tightly link it with LDAO (my editor of choice).

I've thought about doing something like this.

How would you want to see LDS linked to LDAO?

But a
reflect option in LDAO would probably serve my need just as well.

Highlight, push to subfile, Undo (ctrl-Z), add new line to ref. subfile,
invert appropriate components, Inline.

I think it takes longer to write it up than it does to do it. :)

Probably. That's why I prefer the LDS way :) Also, with LDS you don't have to create separate source files.

- to help wih curved surfaces, when points are difficult to measure and need to
be adjusted until they _look_ right.

If you could post something about how you do this, I'd appreciate seeing
it.

Steve

I guess it would look something like the LDS Shell. An editor (like LDAO Editor) to the left and a rendering window to
the right. The most important feature is the Update button. It must not only run the LDS program and update the
rendering window, but also sniff for the file Lds.err and, if it exists, let a messagebox pop up. And, before redrawing
the rendering window, the LDS file in the editor window has to be re-read (and cursor position restored). That must be
done because LDS sometimes inserts lines in the LDS source file.

Next version of LDS will probably include a HELP function.

Just type:
HELP PLOT
in the LDS file and a brief explaination + syntax help on PLOT will pop up - but where?
Into the LDS file or to another file that LDAO and LDS Shell will sniff for? If into the LDS source file, no new version
of LDS Shell will be needed, but maybe a new file would be a better solution?

--
Tore Eriksson
Sweden

ICQ: 76066510