 CAD / 4821
Re: CW compliancy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 06:28:21 GMT

Most of the ones I've seen that refer to CW compliancy say "not
CW-compliant".  This is because--to the best of my knowledge--the ones that
are compliant should say something like:

0 BFC CERTIFY CW

This means that all the quads and triangles in the file are specified in
clockwise order, (CCW, or nothing at all is used for counter-clockwise
order, since CCW is the default).  This allows renderers which support the
extension (such as L3Lab and MLCAD, but not--for the moment at
least--LDView) to not draw quads and triangles which are facing away from
the viewer.  This is referred to as "back-face culling" (hence BFC).

If you do a search for BFC on the lugnet.cad.dev newsgroup, I believe you
will find a number of threads that talk about BFC compliance.

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@san.REMOVE.rr.com)

"Paul Easter" <pneaster@knoxy.net> wrote in message
"CW compliant"  I have seen this is a few parts now.
I do not want to start up an old debate here. Can someone point me to a
posting or web site that explains what this is?

Thank you,

Paul

http://www.geocities.com/pneaster/lego_parts.htm (finished parts)
http://www.geocities.com/pneaster/lego_todo.htm (in process)