 CAD / 4669
    Re: some thoughts on ldraw parts —Fredrik Glöckner
   (...) I've found a solution for the "wading through non-interesting parts" with LEdit. What I do is simply to edit the file PARTS.LST and put all the parts I use most frequently first. That way I can easily grab the plates and technic items when I (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: some thoughts on ldraw parts —Dave Schuler
   (...) Another trick I use is to open PARTS.LST in a text editor while I work in LEdit. That way, when I need a specific part, I can do a search in the text editor for "tile 2 x 2" or "torso" to zip right to the category. Of course, you have to have (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: some thoughts on ldraw parts —Jonathan Wilson
   What I do is I make a new parts.lst file with the parts I want for that model in there and then if I have forgotten a part I an go back to the parts.old file with all the parts listed and get the number. For example I have a shuttle.lst file that I (...) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: some thoughts on ldraw parts —Dave Schuler
   (...) That's a pretty efficient idea; after you inventory the set, your search time must be greatly reduced if you're only selecting from among the parts in the set. Is there a way in LEdit that you can select which parts list you use, or does it (...) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.cad)