 CAD / 4613
Re: Again about my programs EMF9X and ELL9X
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 12:14:57 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Eduardo Vazquez writes:
I need to know want does everyone think about my programs before I continue my
programs.
at http://eduardov.20m.com

send e-mail at eduardov@activanet.es

I tried the minifig builder, but didn't test it very thoroughly. The Help
buttons do not display the help files.

It is a basic starting point. I agree with the need for dropdownboxes for
colors and dat-files which are populated dynamically from header info the
available files (in ldraw/parts and optionally ldraw/models), rather than
hard-coded with typos in help files. I think the head colour could default to
14, and maybe there could be check boxes (default on) to make both arms or both
legs the same colour. Hands, arms and legs probably should default to the
non-decorated parts - in fact all parts could have defaults entered - maybe
user-configurable defaults. The ability to preview by launching a
user-configurable DAT viewer would be nice too.

Further sophistication might allow rotation of heads, arms and hands, and
alternative legs positions - sitting, walking left foot forward, walking right
foot forward, kneeling (legs reversed). Builtin standard rotation sets to make
the hand grip vertical or horizontal (4 states) would be ideal (sorry I don't
know the rotation / positioning values). Neckwear seems to be a big omission,
and although only a few parts are LDrawn - I think it would be nice to have
support. The helmet-visor option should really be greyed out unless a
visor-enabled helmet is selected (are all visors are compatible with all
visor-enabled helmets?).

Chris