 CAD / 4552
Re: Doing Patterns and Bitmaps in MLCad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 14:24:57 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jamie Obrien wrote:

Hi Steve, is there a new release of LDAO that will get on with win98SE, well
one which won't make windows emigrate?

Not quite.  I've got an install/package which looks good, but I need to
test it a bit more, before I ask for remote guinea pigs.

Sorry for taking so long with this, but (a) I've been tied up with other
stuff and (b) after releasing software that scragged other people's
systems, in a very severe manner, I'm very hesitant to release anything
more, until I'm absolutely sure it's alright.

Also, i've noticed the BMP 2 DAT function of the version of LDAO i'm using
seems to produce better dats (for me toclean) but for some it processes most
of the bmp, but then blacks out the rest of the dat. Is there a limitation on
the number of quads that LDAO can output. I can always break the scans up into
smaller segments and paste them together again, just wondering.

There's no hard limit that I remember--I (almost) always design around
arbitrary limitations.  More likely, there's a bug in the routine that
merges pixels.

Also, is the Minifig modeller working in the later releases?

Yes.

Steve