 CAD / 4389
Re: Downloading DAT files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 13:25:46 GMT

It's relatively simple:
Just right-click and choose "save target as" and use the pull-down menu on the
screen to select "All file types" and name your model anyway you like and make
the extension ".dat"
If you have now idea what to do with what I just said simply download the
model, Right-click on it and choose rename and rename the ".cgi" into ".dat"
Hope this helps.
Greetz,
Jay

In lugnet.cad, Chris Czajka writes:
This post is in follow up to some others that have been sent recently. It has
to do with the DAT files that people post here.  Why is it that they only
appear as ldraw.cgi?  I would like to know how I can get these parts with
a .dat extension as opposed to something I have to have a viewer to even look
at the parts, let alone use them.  I'm asking this because the only CAD
program I like using is LeoCAD and I can't use the .cgi files to import new
pieces.  If someone could help me out here as far as where to find these
newest parts as .dat files or how I can use them without having to download
another CAD program just to use one new part.

Chris