 CAD / 43
Re: Chessie Caboose
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 12:23:48 GMT

steve.bar@worldnet.att.net wrote in article <F0IHBL.Bzu@lugnet.com>...
Funny how these threads spam groups so fast. LeoCad is great. The only
trouble is that it is really slow.

I think the problem is the reliance on the OGL libraries. With some custom
written 3D routines, it could be a lot faster - but then, what's the point
in writing the routines if you need to dedicate loads of time and energy
into them? It's better to concentrate on the inner workings and getting
that right than spending all your time on getting the paint just right...

I love LeoCAD, and I even like the speed - takes me back to loading games
on my Spectrum... =)

Shed

Irregular Shed - insert
witty comment here...