 CAD / 4219
Re: Missing subparts, damnit!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 22:56:14 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Burkhard Schloemer writes:
I’m really grateful for everyone who spends time for creating new parts and
who shares the results of his work with others. But I consider it rather
annoying to download new parts which have been posted here, just to find out
that 8 of 10 parts are usually NOT working cause of missing subparts, or
primitives, or whatever ... Just recently a guy released castle-stuff with
„wolf“ logo: shield, flag and minifig upper body.  Needless to say, I got
annoying error-messages for each part cause I don’t have the submodels. Is it
really so hard to release the submodels as well? Or do I have to do more than
just put the DATs into „Parts“ and run MKLIST? Just wondering ...

Primus BuS
ComStar

LEGO Mechcommander: www.muenster.de/~bus1503

If you are referring to

New Part : Wolfman Flag 2 x 2 http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=1147
New Part : Wolfman Minifig Torso http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=1149
New Part : Wolfman Castle Shield http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=1148

then I am the guy (but, actually I have a name) that two months ago posted
these.

Are you sure that you have all the parts releases installed, because when I
launch these from LUGNET, I just get 2 errors for the shield. I admit that the
missing s\3846s01.dat (the shield without the decorated face) is my error - I
assumed that this had been released (but it is available as a subpart in
http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=946. The other (for s\3846p44a.dat) I do
not understand, since the subpart is in the posted MPD file.

If you are downloading these, you need to appreciate that the files as posted
are MPD files - so they CAN be viewed directly from LUGNET. If you look
carefully, you will see that these include (apart from the oversight with the
shield) the subparts. If you are going to store them permanently then they need
splitting out. The subfiles named as s\xxxxxxx.dat need to go into the subparts
directory (parts\s).

Exactly what subparts do _you_ think are missing? And what other parts are
causing you problems?

Chris Dee