 CAD / 4012
Re: how do i get ldraw to work?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 03:27:04 GMT

In lugnet.cad "Manfred Moolhuysen" <moom@nospamchello.nl> wrote:

In lugnet.cad, Chris Nicotera writes:
i recently got around to downloading ldraw for my home pc.  i installed
everything fine. i got the runtime error. i installed the patch. i still get
the stupid runtime error. i have a compaq presario and i really really want to
be able to start my virtual drawingboard humming. i've got great ideas, but i
don't know how to get started!!!:( Can anyone help me?? Is there a different
patch available???  Thanks! Happy Building :)

Executing rte200fx.exe isn't enough to make the patch work, this only unpacks
a self-unpacking zip file (that's what rte200fx.exe actualy is)
You must put Ldpatch.exe and Ldpatch.bat in your Ldraw directory and then run
Ldpatch.bat

Manfred & All...

I've gotten a bazillion of these mails, and have referred them here.
Soon I'll try to get a help page up, or at least an instruction page
for RTE200, because of the seeming consistency of these coming in, at
the most inopportune moments.  Just so you know, .cad shouldn't be
getting these forever :)  If you have any suggestions for a help page,
please email me.  I'll do what I can, but I'm busy with about 3 very
time consuming things right now.

-Tim

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org