 CAD / 3939
Re: Error message when starting LDAO...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 12:51:09 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Paul Easter writes:
I have had this problem too. I'm not sure what program I installed which
installed a MUCH older version of comdlg32.ocx .  I found a newer file on the
98se CD and copied them over. As I suspected, They didn't work either. I found
a 6.00.8140 version (dated May 22, 1998) that seems to work fine. This also
fixed a problem I was having with other software.

Well, I fixed it, but I still don't know why I didn't even _have_ the file to
begin with.  Maybe someone more versed in VB can explain?  All three of the
machines I was using it on had fairly new installs of 98SE and 2000, so maybe
I just hadn't installed anything else that needed it, but why didn't LDAO
install it since it wasn't there to begin with?  I had comdlg32.dll, just not
comdlg32.ocx.

Ah well, like I said, I fixed it, but only by snagging a copy (from 1999,
version 6.00.8418).  The machine I grabbed it from, my personal machine at
work, has Visual Studio Enterprise installed, with SP3 for VS, so maybe that's
where it got it...