 CAD / 392
391  |  393
Subject:
Good graphical modelling tools?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 15:22:55 GMT

I use Linux and Windows and was looking for a good tool for making new parts
for LDraw.  LDLite and LDAO are okay, but I would really like a way to rotate
the model on the fly (so I can render the part in LDLite then use my mouse to
rotate the viewpoint).

Also it would be nice if the program could display coordinates of points as
you moved the mouse over them (I make all the lines in the model then fill in
the faces after I have the lines to show the outline).

Finally, is there a good program to construct models with from their component
parts?  I have played with LeoCAD a bit and I like it except for the import
mechanism from LDraw. I will probably stick with it but it is a little
annoying to use.

So does anyone have any suggestions?

      -ben