 CAD / 385
Re: L3P v1.1 19981221
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 19:14:03 GMT

On Tue, 22 Dec 1998 11:34:55 GMT, "Lars C. Hassing" <lch@cci.dk>
wrote:

The second release of L3P is ready.

WooHoo!

Seams between bricks
--------------------
To have more realistic renderings L3P can make a little space between the
bricks. Until today you couldn't tell where in the POV-Ray renderings one
brick ended and the next brick (with same color) started.

Excellent!   I can't wait to try this out.

Bumps
-----
Sometimes a model may look a bit transparent, but this is really reflections
of other parts in the perfect geometric/symmetric world of Lego. L3P can now
simulate the slightly bumpy texture you can see when you look along a 1x8
Lego brick and you notice that the heating/cooling of the molding has made
the brick slightly uneven/bumpy.

Very good idea, Lars.  That should add an additional layer of realism.

Support for MPD files
---------------------

Don't use 'em, but good idea.

File search also in directory of model

Yes! No more shuffling files.

Unlimited number of light sources + option to add default light sources

Good, Good.

11 new primitives

Excellent.

Happy rendering and Merry Christmas to you all
/Lars

You made my day.   Now I am happily anticipating being dazzled.

Thanks so much,

-- Terry K --