 CAD / 3740
3739  |  3741
Subject:
Easy hosing with LDraw-mode
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 17:12:27 GMT

I've just added a function to LDraw-mode which makes the process of
composing a bent 73590.DAT Hose Flexible 8.5L very easily.  Here's what
you do:

Insert the end points where you want them. Here's an example:

    1 16 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 750 .dat
    1 16 0 0 60 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 750 .dat

(You can use 752.dat if you want the old style hose.  I added a space in
the filenames above to "fool" the LUGNET NNTP server.)

Next, put the cursor on either of the lines above and hit CTR+C CTR+B.
That's all!  LDraw-mode does all the nitty gritty work for you and
inserts the needed parts to achieve a bent hose to fit your end points.

LDraw-mode does some numerical optimization to find the correct length
of the hose, which may take some seconds on an old system.

LDraw-mode is free software and runs in the editor Emacs.  Emacs is free
software available for "all" systems.  Here's more information:

    http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/ldraw-mode/

Fredrik