 CAD / 3697
3696  |  3698
Subject:
Parts Cataloging Program (revised)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 00:26:00 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I've just hacked up a program that generates an html parts-list (with
pictures) that bears an uncanny resemblance to the one found at Lutz
Uhlmann's page (http://titan.informatik.uni-bonn.de/~uhlmann/partlst2.html)
and can also be told to generate a list with used-defined classifications to
produce output similar to the lugnet.com partsref.

The main reason was so that I could get a viewable list of all (and only)
the parts in my Ldraw/Parts directory... it works very nicely indeed :)

What it does:
* Scans a specified directory for dat files
* Runs ldlite to generate a bmp
* Runs Image Magick's 'convert' program (don't worry, it's freeware) to turn
it into a low-color gif (and making it 90% smaller)
* Adds an appropriate line to the relevant htm file
* Doesn't bother to generate an image that already exists (which makes
're-scanning' your parts directory fairly painless)

The NT executable, source-code and docs are at

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~cat/lcat.zip