 CAD / 3619
Re: Datsville contribution
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 09:01:36 GMT

Bram Lambrecht wrote...
Tore Eriksson <tore.eriksson@mbox325.swipnet.se> writes:
There is another approach. While I was experimenting on LDraw
animations, I had another LDraw directory in which I have
removed all lines ending with stu*.dat. Thus I has a much faster
rendering for preview purposes.

L3P files include a STUD flag which turns of studs, but I'm not sure if
it turns off tubes...

L3P (and L3Lab) defines these files as studs:
static char         *StudPrimitives[] = {
   "stud5.dat",
   "stu2.dat",
   "stu22.dat",
   "stu22a.dat",
   "stu23.dat",
   "stu23a.dat",
   "stu24.dat",
   "stu24a.dat",
   "stud2.dat",
   "stud2a.dat",
   "stud3a.dat",
   "stud4a.dat",
   "studline.dat",
   "stu2p01.dat",
   "studp01.dat",
   "studel.dat",
   "stud.dat",
   "stud3.dat",
   "stud4.dat",
};

I really can't remember why I used named primitives rather than
just "stu*", perhaps to avoid misinterpreting a model named e.g.
"studio.dat". It was before I had a FromPdirectory flag.
/Lars