 CAD / 3580
Re: Datsville a ghost-town?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 17:51:45 GMT

thomas burger <tburger666@aol.com> wrote in message
news:FqzMKK.HLo@lugnet.com...
Is Datsville dead/gone? its been quite a while.
I can understand time and effort a problem, but perhaps a joint effort to • keep
this virtual town going?
many People sent in models for the town, including me.
Is there any chance we can work out A way to keep it going?
(render small sections of highlighted scenes each week or so)
It seemed when the key personel left alot of things halted.

I put a _ton_ of work into Datsville this past fall, but began reaching
technical limitations around December, and now I'm in the midst of our
legislative session, which keeps me pretty busy.

When I get more free time, I want to undertake a revamp of Datsville that
will make it easier to make additions, and to render smaller sections.  It
would be great if we could find a way to distibute the workload, so I'm
certainly open to suggestions.  Ideally, I'd love a system where people could
get a "building permit" for a location in Datsville, then add their creations
directly into the main file.  To help with this, I'm going to discontinue the
use of plates to fill in green landscaping on the road plates, and will
instead cheat by creating road plate files with a black road and green
studded areas.  That way only sidewalks will need to be added.

Another thing I love to have is help placing/moving vehicles and figs around
town.  Maybe we could convince Suzanne Rich to work a little of her minifig
magic :-)

Any serious work on Datsville for me is at least 6 weeks away, but I'm very
open to others playing a bigger part.

-John Van