 CAD / 3459
Re: How do I get a MPD File splitter to work
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 15:21:01 GMT

David Walton:

How do I get an MPD file which I downloaded from the net
into individual files?

I think there is an old binary at
http://hugin.ldraw.org/MPD_Splitter/ (I have fixed the
reference to CWSDPMI).

The source code has already been compiled by Steve Bliss
for the create program.

Yes. I haven't got access to DOS at the moment, so I can't
make DOS binaries myself.

I have found Jacob Sparre Andersons homepage but it looks as if I need to
compile my own executable. Windows 98/dos on intel PC platform.

Only if you need the newest edition. The older ones are
available as DOS/Win binaries.

I haven't a clue how to go about this.

Then you shouldn't waste time trying to do it.

Looks as though I need some kind of runtime library or
compiler to convert Gnat source code into a binary exe. I
can't get a clear idea of which files I need to download
to get this to work. There is no direct hyperlink to the
files Jacob reccomends.

I had messed up my web site a bit. Now there is a link to
the DPMI program you need to run the DOS binaries (on some
versions of DOS) - again.

The files I suspect I need are all rather large 17-18MB,

No, no, no. That was just because the URL had wandered of to
another part of my server. There is one 13 kb file to
download.

I would rather not download and find I have the wrong ones.

I understand that.

Some good instructions on how to get the executable
splitmpd.exe would also be of great help or send me the
required librarys and executable either as a email
attachment or a complete URL.

http://hugin.ldraw.org/MPD_Splitter/19970620-DOS-bin.zip  (splitmpd, 78 kb)
http://hugin.ldraw.org/meyer/LEGO/V%E6rkt%F8j/cwsdpmi.zip (cwsdpmi,  13 kb)

Please respond to my personal email address rather than the lugnet.cad list
would help as I'am not subscribed to this group but I'am subscribed to
lugnet.loc.uk. and the lugnet.robotics group

Can't do that from this machine.

Play well,

Jacob

--  E-mail:               sparre@cats.nbi.dk              --