 CAD / 335
Re: LDScript Problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 12:54:18 GMT

Once upon a time, Tore Eriksson <tore.eriksson@mbox325.swipnet.se>
wrote:

Steve Bliss wrote:

Great!  Two requests, if you ever work on LDScript again:

Thanks! In fact, I do have plans to rewrite it all from scratch, allowing long
variable names and calls to other .LDS files If I ever get the time... :/

1. Mirror across the X=Z and X=-Z planes.

Hmm, I don't understand, but maybe it's something like what I've been thinking
about: For example, gears/cog-wheels, You just draw one cog and a command, let's
call it ROTATE axis n, repeats it n times across the chosen axis.
I think maybe your wish would be "ROTATE Y 4", or I could be wrong?

Nope.  I mean actually reflecting parts across X=Z.  For example, the
following line:

2 24 a b c d e f

would reflect across X=Z as:

2 24 c b a f e d

All you do is switch the X and Z components of the vertices.

This feature would allow people to use LDS to create part-segments with
8-way radial symmetry.

Steve
Steve

2. Recognize line-type 5, especially for mirroring and echoing.

Steve

Oh, did I miss that, too? So far, I haven't had any use for rotating and
mirroring type-5-lines, so I haven't noticed that either. I'll see if the source
code for version 0.08 is backed up somewhere. If so, it should be quite easy to
implement at least your second request.

/Tore