 CAD / 3047
Re: LDRAW...MLCAD....Help?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 08:47:47 GMT

Eugwe Coral skrev i meddelandet ...
I am using Windows 98 - probably my first mistake. I have loaded and
reloaded until I can't take it any more. LDRAW and MLCAD will NOT work on my
machine... Is there some sort of tutorial for either. I did download and
install all parts of LDRAW first and then MLCAD - I get error messages with
everything I try...

I run W98, have both LDRAW and MLCad working. I really don't think W98 in
itself is a mistake.

http://www.ldraw.org has pointers to everything LDRAW related, FAQ, tutorials,
patches etc.

Now for your problems,

What kind of error message(s)?
In what situation(s)?

LDRAW:

Remember that it was created way before long filenames was invented. Keep
LDRAW in a shortnamed directory, and _never_ use directory/file names with
spaces (I.e don't install in \Program Files\LDraw\).

Fast computer? Have you applied the patch for error 200?

MLCAD:

Does it start? Can you go into 'Settings/Change...' and check that you are
pointing to your LDRAW directory there (so that MLCad can find the parts).

I haven't experienced any (serious) problems with this program, so I have
nothing more to suggest.

COMPUTER:

Virus?
Video driver (what card do you have)?