 CAD / 2335
Re: Model renders in L3P but not in LDLITE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 10:32:59 GMT

"Bart Titulaer" <b.m.titulaer@phys.tue.nl> writes:

I'm not sure what you mean with 'cluttered', (my dictionary tells me
something like a 'mesh')

I'm sorry, I was imprecise.  There were some quads missing, and some
parts of the end were rotated round the x-axis.  I'm sure you would have
seen this if the file rendered like it did on my system.

but both the MPD as a normal file with sub-files was painted rather
well by LDLite. As far as I'm concerned all details were visible
clearly.

That was strange, but relieving to hear.  Perhaps I have some part files
on my system which make thing go wrong?  I made sure that there were no
files with the same names as in the MPD on my harddisk, though.

Nevertheless, there is something strange in the sub-file 'tanke.dat', it
contains also a small part at the opposite site of the center. Perhaps this
interferes with the other tanke.dat?

Thanks for the info!  I didn't see this because I always viewed the tank
with both the end files "tanke.dat" on, so that the improperly placed
parts filled in each other.

The last lines should have been rotated 180 degrees along the y-axis.
I've done this now, so hopefully this bug has been stamped out:

    http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/ldraw/tank.dat

Hope it helps(?)

Indeed, yes.  Thanks for the input.

Fredrik