 CAD / 2334
Re: Model renders in L3P but not in LDLITE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 10:07:31 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
Hi, • I inlined it all, and made an MPD with the centre and the end
parts.  When rendering this in LDLITE, however, the ends of the tank get
"cluttered".  I found this quite strange, so I tried L3P.  Raytracing
the results showed no such problems.

   http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/ldraw/tank.dat

Fredrik
Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean with 'cluttered', (my dictionary tells me something
like a 'mesh'), but both the MPD as a normal file with sub-files was painted
rather well by LDLite. As far as I'm concerned all details were visible
clearly.
Nevertheless, there is something strange in the sub-file 'tanke.dat', it
contains also a small part at the opposite site of the center. Perhaps this
interferes with the other tanke.dat? I've deleted the last +-20 lines and
saved it on my website as

http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Campus/9380/downloads/tanke2.txt

if you download it and rename it to dat (not allowed on my site) you can try
it.

Hope it helps(?)

Bart