 CAD / 2156
  Re: Animation: Space ship taking off

(...) Absolutely incredible! The smoothness was outstanding. Congratulations on a fantastic piece of work! I didn't see the head turn, but my first thought when I saw the smoke was, "Cool!". Great work. Ben Vaughan (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad)

Wow, I took a look. How long did it take to render? Ben Vaughan <buster@marsbase.com> wrote in message news:FEIK2A.ps@lugnet.com... (...) on a (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Animation: Space ship taking off

(...) Took approx 16 hours on a 400MHz PII system. But I did not only render the 160 frames you see in the movie. I did some crude temporal antialiasing by rendering three runs offset by a small time. The three runs were averaged over and encoded to (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad)