 CAD / 17897
Re: I quit.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2012 19:51:17 GMT

In lugnet.people, Tore Eriksson wrote:
It is with great sadness I have decided to quit LDraw.

LDraw has been my primary hobby for about 15 years and an endless source of joy
and relaxation,

I'm so sorry to learn of your difficult situation and of your decision to leave
the hobby, though it sounds entirely reasonable to me.  You've put in a ton of
work over the years, and even if you never took another look at anything
LDraw-related, your the hobby will continue to benefit from your efforts.

I believe that I've stated before but I am happy to reiterate that you are
directly responsible for my own non-canonical entry into the LDraw community.
When I first saw your LDraw-compatible Mega Bloks, Byggis and Tyco Superblocks
elements, I knew at once that I had found my own way to contribute.

In short, thank you for your labors over this decade and a half.  I regret your
departure, but you have certainly earned it.

If ever you feel the urge to tackle something small, let me know--I have a
bushel of Mega Bloks elements that still need to be rendered for LDraw!

Best wishes,

Dave!