 CAD / 17567
Re: Part color availability
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2011 04:19:37 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Roland Melkert wrote:
Hello all,

While working on my editor I got the idea of helping the user pick colors for
parts by (optionally) limiting the color picker to colors in which the current
part is available in real-life (e.g. black, white, light gray for axles).

Does anybody know of a good (if any) source to get such information? I'm making
it a self learning thing (like use an axle in black and the limiter for that
part will include black from then on.) But it would be nice to have some kind of
starting situation.

Roland

You are welcome to copy the code from my program that already does this:
http://www.scottwardlaw.com/colormanager

Note that more colors are sometimes available for sale other than just the known
colors, and sometimes known colors are not currently offered for sale by any
sellers.

I had also started a C++ library that would give the program calling it these
features, and many other features, but I never finished it.

Scott W.