 CAD / 17566
Re: Part color availability
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2011 00:56:07 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Roland Melkert wrote:
Hello all,

While working on my editor I got the idea of helping the user pick colors for
parts by (optionally) limiting the color picker to colors in which the current
part is available in real-life (e.g. black, white, light gray for axles).

Does anybody know of a good (if any) source to get such information? I'm making
it a self learning thing (like use an axle in black and the limiter for that
part will include black from then on.) But it would be nice to have some kind of
starting situation.

Roland

The 2 best places would probably be Peeron.com or Bricklink.  Be aware that
Bricklink's naming system is sometimes different from LDraw and Peeron's.

-Orion