 CAD / 1743
Re: [Part] 3841.dat Minifig Tool Pickaxe
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 06:50:31 GMT

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999 07:17:03 GMT, Papp Imre <ipapp@GEOMETRIA.hu> wrote:

Dear Ldraw developers,

This is my first attempt to create an Ldraw part. You professional part
developers, would you be so kind as to have a look at it before I submit
it to next vote.

I'd like to be confirmed in the next issues:

1. Is 3841 the offical number of this part? I did't find any number on
the part. However Lutz's repository lists 'Minifig Pickaxe' with 3841
number. I guess this is that part, but please confirm.

Don't know yet.  Assume it is for now.  It will be further researched prior to
voting.

2. Is the header information correct? (Consider the KEYWORD list too. I
have this part in the 'Canadian Mountains' set. Where else can it be
found, which could be inserted in to the KEYWORD list?)

The header looks pretty good.  Except I prefer you use
0 Un-Official Element
That way it is easier to search and replace all occurences.

The keywords look pretty good. I have no idea what else could be added.

3. Is it useful to leave comments in the dat file or is it better to
keep the file more compact?

Comments are OK, just try to minimize them as much as possible, and remove
blank space, just to keep it trim.

4. Has the part any obvious ( or non-obvious) error that I missed to
catch?

Overall the part looks pretty good, though I have not closely examined it.
Some areas appear to be missing in the handle, probably due to line wrapping in
the code while posting.
You need to set your line length to a higher value than 79 to prevent this.
Say about 150 or so.  Don't forget to set it back to 79 when finished, or
regular text posts will have annoyingly long lines.

5. Is this the right way to send parts or models to lugnet.cad.dat by
email (MS Outlook) or should I send it in attachment?

Well, it appeared to work.  :-)  Except for the line length problem.

-- Terry K --