 CAD / 17290
  Re: Taking shortcuts

(...) I'm replying here in part because your anagramatic names compel me to do so. Anyway, I asked this same basic question a little while back: (URL) given the intervening span of time, I suspect that the prevailing wisdom has changed. However... (...) (14 years ago, 21-Jul-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Taking shortcuts

Indeed: "bad" overlaps (and in particular flase intersections that are bleeding trhough to the site of the part where they are not supposed to be visible) cause disturbingly bad render errors. But on the other hand, "good" overlaps don't generate (...) (14 years ago, 21-Jul-10, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Taking shortcuts

(...) I'm used to getting called Ronald by 'new' people all the time. :) (...) Those studs merely touch the surface, that's not going to be a problem. But when two polygons overlap, how their pixels end up onscreen can be frame/driver dependent and (...) (14 years ago, 21-Jul-10, to lugnet.cad)