 CAD / 1725
Re: B-Wing, Flight Mode (Foils closed)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 21:26:26 GMT

Jeff Stembel wrote in message ...
In lugnet.cad, John VanZwieten writes:
Very nice!  Can you describe why you did the hinges inside the engine
compartment the way you did?  That was the most unexpected (and interesting)
part of the model for me.

Two Reasons:
1.  Empty Space sucks.  ;)
2.  I needed something that would hold the Intakes together (besides the
thrusters), and the bricks with extra studs (1x1 w/ 5 studs, etc.) didn't hold
together as well.

This section was suprisingly solid.  If you haven't yet done it, Use LDraw to
see the other pieces involved in holding the two sides together.  To • understand
how it worked.

The two most missed parts in the X-wing set for building the B-wing:
   2 X 1 panels for the cockpit,
   Technic hole/peg solution for the rotating cockpit.

I bet your cockpit holds together much better than mine.  Fortunately my son
has finally mastered the art of opening the windscreen without complete
disintegration  :)

Unfortunatly, the only way to get the pilot in is to pull out the computer. • He
also won't attach to the studs, but the computer holds him solidly in place.

Is that because his arms hit the 2 X 1 panel?

Jeff

P.S.  Thanks for the Mock-up Parts John!

You're welcome.  Did you notice the "real" wing parts posted last night?

Tell me about the two cannons at the bottom of the model when in attack mode.
I know one of them is an ion cannon, but what's the other.  Also, does the the
B-wing have torpedo launchers both front and back just above the engine?

-John Van