 CAD / 16873
    Re: Instead of ~Moved to —Scott Wardlaw
   I also agree that the current system is...extravagant. 'litter files' also seems like an appropriate term for the thousands of unnecessary files that clutter my LDraw library. Personnally, I'd like my library to only have actual parts; no ~Moved to (...) (14 years ago, 19-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Instead of ~Moved to —Kevin L. Clague
   (...) I'm not much of an expert in this area, but that never stops me from shooting my mouth off! On unix (e.g. Mac), it would be easy enough to use grep/find to find the files that contain "0 ~Moved to" and simply remove them. Cygwin on Windows (...) (14 years ago, 19-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Instead of ~Moved to —Michael Heidemann
   (...) Yes, another method will break MLCad's update mechanism. I also like that. But maybe also another solution will work that way, but it has to be implemented. On the other side if we use the proposed way you also will have the latest geometrie (...) (14 years ago, 19-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Instead of ~Moved to —Kevin L. Clague
   (...) Advanced folks could have MovedTo directory and move all the "0 ~Moved To" files there. You can then add MovedTo to MLCad.ini to tell it about the MovedTo directory. You keep the MovedTo files (if you want), MLCad's auto update, and yet not (...) (14 years ago, 19-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad)