 CAD / 16487
Re: BFC tool?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 2009 17:16:04 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Michael Horvath wrote:
Is there a tool specifically designed for fixing BFC errors? What I'd
like to do is see a visible representation of the model and either
select using the mouse or cycle through all primitives and just hit a
single key to reverse the winding.

One (currently undocumented) feature added in the Windows version of LDView's
4.1 beta is a remote control interface that other programs can use to select
lines in an LDraw file (by line number) and have LDView highlight the geometry
from those lines.  Ideally this functionality would be added to LDDP, but as far
as I know Orion isn't currently in a situation that allows him to do much
development work.

If anyone wanted to write a tool that shows an LDraw file, then highlights the
current line in LDView, and lets the user swap winding on the current line, I'd
be happy to give details regarding the remote control interface.  Such a tool
should be fairly trivial to write.  I might even write one myself.

--Travis