 CAD / 16310
  LDD to LDraw conversion?

I've seen the tutorial at LDraw.org about imprting an LDraw file into LDD, but can the opposite be done? I'd like to open an LDD file in order to make a decent render with LDView. Jetro (15 years ago, 21-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDD to LDraw conversion?

(...) There should be an option 'File' - 'Export Model' and then choose the right file format 'Ldraw-Files (*.ldr)' and you have what you are looking for. That is what I do in my version 2.3.19 of LDD. cu mikeheide (15 years ago, 21-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDD to LDraw conversion?

(...) D'oh that's really simple... or not so simple. I tried toe xport some of the base models LDD has and only about 2/3 of the pieces actually turned up in the resulting LDraw file :P Jetro (15 years ago, 21-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDD to LDraw conversion?

(...) Not all parts that LDD have are also modeled as LDraw files. This could be one reason. There is also a file called LDRAW.XML that contains the conversion informations. Maybe you should update that file. Please see here:(URL) (15 years ago, 22-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDD to LDraw conversion?

(...) Thanks, that did it. There are still a number of unidentified files/parts, but the model appears to be all there. The placement of the parts is not very precise: lots of (small) gaps between bricks. Jetro (15 years ago, 24-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)