 CAD / 16313
Re: LDD to LDraw conversion?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 2009 20:41:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jetro de Chateau wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Michael Heidemann wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Jetro de Chateau wrote:
I've seen the tutorial at LDraw.org about imprting an LDraw file into LDD, but
can the opposite be done?
I'd like to open an LDD file in order to make a decent render with LDView.

Jetro

There should be an option 'File' - 'Export Model' and then choose the right file
format 'Ldraw-Files (*.ldr)' and you have what you are looking for.
That is what I do in my version 2.3.19 of LDD.

cu
mikeheide
D'oh that's really simple... or not so simple. I tried toe xport some of the
base models LDD has and only about 2/3 of the pieces actually turned up in the
resulting LDraw file :P

Jetro

Not all parts that LDD have are also modeled as LDraw files. This could be one
reason. There is also a file called LDRAW.XML that contains the conversion
informations. Maybe you should update that file. Please see
here:http://news.lugnet.com/cad/ldd/?n=217

cu
mikeheide