 CAD / 15991
Re: LD4DStudio 1.0b release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2009 16:05:58 GMT

Danny Staple wrote:

Hi Roland,
I have been really enjoying using this - been modelling some technic stuff and
having a lot of fun trying to use increment sequence components for gear ratios.

However, I made a mistake installing another LDraw tool while LD4D was running,
and I think it has corrupted the cache-  so how can I clear it?

When I have this running- I will showcase the animation - my plan is to render
it somehow and make and flv (youtube style flash video) from it.

Cheers,
Danny

Hello Danny,

This is kinda weird, no other program should be able to 'just' corrupt
the cache file by installing itself. You can 'reset' the cache by
deleting it like Mike wrote (the file usally is C:\Program
Files\LD4DStudio\data\LDrawCacheFile.bin)

I really would like to know how it got corrupted..

Which program did you install?
Did that installer affect LDraw files used by the open LD4DStudio?
Are you sure the file got corrupted (or do you assume so because e.g.
the application hangs at startup).

I hope you don't keep experiencing this problem.

Greetings,
Roland