 CAD / 15829
Re: Rendering for liberty
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2008 14:46:56 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Eric Albrecht wrote:
   I’ve been working on honing my skills at the whole rendering thing using many of the tools written by members of this forum and with knowledge gleaned here. I thought it was time to share!

I asked my kids which model they would like me to use for a render and they picked the 3450 Statue of Liberty. This is a nice big model, but it is also very plain due to the homogeneous color, so I wanted to spice it up a bit. My intention was to mimic a photograph of the real statue. I also wanted a nice up-view with perspective so that it looks big!

Nice! You could also try wrapping a real photograph of the sunset around a sphere.

-Mike