 CAD / 15798
Re: Multiple instances of CAMERA.DAT and LOOK_AT.DAT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2008 19:42:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Michael Horvath wrote:
L3PAO currently supports CAMERA.DAT and LOOK_AT.DAT for determining camera
information. I'd like to see more programs support them.

However, I'm wondering how best to handle cases where multiple sets of the files
are defined? There's no way I know of at the moment to syntactically pair them
into groups. One option might be to hide the ones that are inactive. Another
option might be to make it necessary to store them in separate submodels, and
then activate one of the submodels depending on which pair you want to use.

What are your opinions?

If there were a real camera dat file that included facing information,
look_at.dat would then be unnecessary, and the pairing problem would go away.

--Travis