 CAD / 15795
  Re: Using Unofficial parts in seperate folder

(...) I see your point. However, in this case (AFAIK) he is using unofficial parts that have been uploaded to ldraw.org. These files are just as much under our "control" as the official parts. Further, if the model in question does not correspond to (...) (16 years ago, 5-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Using Unofficial parts in seperate folder

(...) Ah-ha! I thought that we were talking about random unofficial parts culled form the ether. But if LDraw's at the wheel, then how about including something like "BETA" in the unofficial part's description: Brick 2 x 4 (BETA) That would add only (...) (16 years ago, 7-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Using Unofficial parts in seperate folder

--snip-- (...) Adding a beta meta (hehehe) would be a nice way to deal with parts that have enough votes to be released but haven't made it to an official release. Tim (16 years ago, 7-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Using Unofficial parts in seperate folder

(...) A "version" meta tag might work too. It could be used for any part--not just betas. IIRC, some parts were already released as "official" parts, but were updated at some later point in time for one reason or another. -Mike (16 years ago, 7-Dec-08, to lugnet.cad)