 CAD / 15765
Re: Summary of LPub4 Meta commands?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2008 02:23:52 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Matija Puzar wrote:

- Changing placement of a certain MULTI_STEP page in some cases changes also
  the placement of previous pages.  This might be so by design, but my
  intuition tells me that it should only affect subsequent pages, not previous
  ones?  This is easily avoided by adding manually a placement statement to
  the MULTI_STEP page in question.  Later, when moving the page with the
  mouse, only that page is affected.

I've observed similar issues. Typically the reason appears to be that a
statement is inserted outside the appropriate MULTI_STEP BEGIN/END block. (I
don't think this happens by design.) As you've found, typing or cut and pasting
the statement to a location within the MULTI_STEP block resolves the problem.

And a question/request - is it possible to crop the rendered image?  For
instance, for very high models being built upwards, it might be very useful
to crop the bottom part that had already been built a long time ago to save
(a lot of) space.

I don't know of a statement to do that automatically, but for the time being you
could probably fake it by manually cropping the rendered images, which are
cached in LPub/assem relative to the LDraw model. I use the same trick to add
drop shadows to the assembly images in my instructions. (There's no guarantee
this method will work with future versions, of course.) Try to lay out as much
as possible before manually editing the images because they may be redrawn by
certain LPub edits.

Jim