 CAD / 15764
Re: Summary of LPub4 Meta commands?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2008 01:36:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Mike Walsh wrote:
Is there a summary of all of the LPub4 meta commands available?

I have started playing with LPub4 and I am really impressed.

I second that!  I must admit never trying LPub before this version so you
can only imagine my astonishment.

I managed to find only a few strange things (sorry if it has said before and
I missed it):
- Being a metric person, I started immediately by using centimeters.  The
  program crashed a number of times until I changed it to inches.  Almost
  no crashes after that.
- LDView and LDGLite give results with different sizes.  Not a biggie, it is
  probably not very often that one changes the renderer anyway.
- Changing placement of a certain MULTI_STEP page in some cases changes also
  the placement of previous pages.  This might be so by design, but my
  intuition tells me that it should only affect subsequent pages, not previous
  ones?  This is easily avoided by adding manually a placement statement to
  the MULTI_STEP page in question.  Later, when moving the page with the
  mouse, only that page is affected.

And a question/request - is it possible to crop the rendered image?  For
instance, for very high models being built upwards, it might be very useful
to crop the bottom part that had already been built a long time ago to save
(a lot of) space.
I can see it looking something like this:

0 !LPUB ASSEM CROP <GLOBAL|LOCAL> <TOP|BOTTOM|LEFT|RIGHT> <units>
  (where units might for instance be LDraw units, to be consistent even if the
  scale is changed; and like the other commands, it would be active from that
  point on)

Like Mike, I couldn't find a summary of this version's commands, so something
similar might already be present without me knowing it.

In any case, thanks Kevin for this extremely useful tool!

Cheers,
Matija