 CAD / 157
  Re: Backgrounds in POVray

(...) I would like to see it as well. :-) Check here: (URL) the Categories, look at "Heightfields" and "Planet Images" The heightfields section has links to some terrain generators that look promising. The planet images links are a little less (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Backgrounds in POVray

(...) <snippage> Views of the Solar System is a very cool site. Funny, I've had it bookmarked for over a year and never thought to use it. Careful, though. Some images are copyrighted, if I remember correctly. Try out this site too. Way cool (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Backgrounds in POVray

(...) I guess I need to learn a lot more about POV-Ray. Working with the examples is easy. I got gforge from one of the links, and getting a lunar surface in POV-Ray works. But getting a l3p converted LDraw file to stand on that surface is a (...) (26 years ago, 5-Nov-98, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Backgrounds in POVray

the number outside the location of the plane where you want the model to stand if I remember correctly will move it up and down. at least that's how I did it with mine De Bengel wrote in message <3641d92c.145899812@...et.com>... (...) Matt Marshall (...) (26 years ago, 5-Nov-98, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Backgrounds in POVray

(...) If I use the land.pov example from Gforge and add all the stuff that L3P produced, I can see the surface from land.pov is I leave the light & camera from land.pov and comment the ones from L3P out. I see the Lego if I do it the other way (...) (26 years ago, 6-Nov-98, to lugnet.cad)