 CAD / 15494
Re: LDraw Design Pad v2.0 Beta 2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 2008 15:22:36 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
Auto complete
How do we use it?

It works for linetype 1.  Typing the file reference should bring up the auto
complete box if you have the ldraw base path set.

Custom polling interval
We can't go too fast, with a 0.1s interval I often get a "can't create a
"partname.tmp" file because it is used by another process.

Yeah, I noticed that too.  I figured that each individual machine is different
in terms of speed so there really isn't  a meaningful lower bound that would
satisfy everyone.

Concave quad detection and automatic fix by splitting
Why not propose such a split for non-planar quads?

I was thinking about splitting along the the diagonal that yields the greatest
normal angle difference.

I think revert/external change is fixed (please test)
- External changes are not detected.
- When I revert to previous version, LDDP asks for confirmation. If I answer no
it correctly keeps the current version, but if I answer yes it asks that
question again... till I answer no and then it DOES the revert.

Grrr.  This feature is become the bane of my project.

-Orion