 CAD / 15198
  Using LDraw (and LeoCAD, LDGLite, LDView) on 64 bit Linux?

I'm just starting out with LDraw and I'm having a heck of a time trying to get anything running under my 64 bit Ubuntu 7.10 system. I'm mostly interested in LeoCAD, since it is the only native Linux building system that I know of. Since there are no (...) (16 years ago, 2-May-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: Using LDraw (and LeoCAD, LDGLite, LDView) on 64 bit Linux?

(...) About 6 years ago there was a build of ldglite ran in 64bit linux on an alpha processor. It could possibly be made to work again but I can't really recommend it because the old LEDIT tutorial is now long gone from here: (URL) the tutorial it'd (...) (16 years ago, 2-May-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: Using LDraw (and LeoCAD, LDGLite, LDView) on 64 bit Linux?

(...) A 32-bit build of LDView should work fine as long as you have the 32-bit shared libraries installed that it needs. If you want, I can work with you to get it up and running. As it happens, I have successfully built a 32-bit version of the (...) (16 years ago, 2-May-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: Using LDraw (and LeoCAD, LDGLite, LDView) on 64 bit Linux?

Sorry, I missed your bug report. LeoCAD used to compile on 64 bit computers but it's been a long time since I last tried and I don't have access to one anymore. From your bug report it looks like 'make config' is failing. You can either manually (...) (16 years ago, 2-May-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: Using LDraw (and LeoCAD, LDGLite, LDView) on 64 bit Linux?

(...) I would definitely appreciate the help! I don't know which method would be best, as I said I'm not a coder, but I can follow directions well enough. Thanks, Tim (16 years ago, 3-May-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: Using LDraw (and LeoCAD, LDGLite, LDView) on 64 bit Linux?

(...) A six year old version doesn't sound all that great. How hard would it be to get the current version to compile under x64? Failing that, how hard would it be to get the 32 bit version running under x64? With commands like linux32 and such I'm (...) (16 years ago, 3-May-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: Using LDraw (and LeoCAD, LDGLite, LDView) on 64 bit Linux?

(...) Apparently it's not too hard to get it to compile under x64. I had a friend using 64 bit debian fetch the latest code from CVS and build it. He had to install the developer version of libOSMesa to compile, but that was about it. His Direct (...) (16 years ago, 5-May-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.leocad)