 CAD / 15135
Re: SR 3D Builder - Version 0.3.1.0 released
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2008 13:43:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Sergio Reano wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

Hi Sergio,

  I took a peek and a have a question.  Why didn't you re-use MLCad's GROUP
facility, instead of creating your own new similar mechanism?

  Also, had you thought about inferring the belt based on LSynth meta commands?

  Keep up the good work!

Kevin

It was becouse, due to the structures I use in my prog, I need to know the
definitions of all groups before loading parts, and to change these structure
was a too huge work...

About LSynth, I don't feel the need to use it inside my application for many
reasons:
- lSynth is an external program
- It only adds visible triangles definition, nothing about connections
- I'm sorry, but I cannot follow and support all external program/file
format/definitions/metacommands in my application

What I can say is that I will implement, later, a hose/tube/curved pattern part
generator, but this will be after release 1.0 of SR 3D Builder

Sergio

Hi Sergio,
  If you can get past the fact that LSynth is an external program, I could
modify LSynth to express the connection information you need, when the synthesis
allows it.

  I prefer to try to keep all the disperate LDraw applications as homogenous as
possible, thus I try to reuse and support existing meta-command structures
wherever possible.

  That said, LPub has by far defined more new meta-commands than all the rest of
the LDraw applications put together.

  Did you know that it is standard procedure for applications that add new
meta-commands to define the meta-commands like this:

0 !<applicationName> blah

  In your case I'd recommend this:

0 !SR3D blah......

  I've changed all the LPub stuff to: