 CAD / 14991
Re: matrix calculation at part inlining
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2007 23:13:00 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Michael Heidemann wrote:
Please I need help.

How to inline line type 2,3,4 and 5 is explained in the current
specification of the LDraw File Format like:

Formally, the transformed point (u', v', w') can be calculated from
point (u, v, w) as follows:

u' = a*u + b*v + c*w + x
v' = d*u + e*v + f*w + y
w' = g*u + h*v + i*w + z

But I do not know how to calculate line type 1 values.

Put a-i and xyz into matrix form for the parent and child type 1 lines, then
multiply the two matrices together, then extract a-i and xyz from the resulting
matrix.  The matrices will look like either of the following:

/ a d g 0 \   / a b c x \
| b e h 0 |   | d e f y |
| c f i 0 |   | g h i z |
\ x y z 1 /   \ 0 0 0 1 /

Just pick one of the above, and then be consistent.  If I remember correctly,
you'll get something like so (using the first form above):

a' = a1*a2 + d1*b2 + g1*c2 + 0*x2
b' = b1*a2 + e1*b2 + h1*c2 + 0*x2
z' = x1*g2 + y1*h2 + z1*i2 + 1*0

--Travis