 CAD / 14704
    Re: LDraw File Format Spec 1.0 DRAFT - Call for Public Comments —Roland Melkert
   (...) Actually I find it quite logically it's not supported. And I don't think it's a specific OpenGL thing. Once the vertices's are not concave, you basically stop having a Quad all to getter. It becomes a polygon, and how is the hardware supposed (...) (17 years ago, 21-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: LDraw File Format Spec 1.0 DRAFT - Call for Public Comments —Travis Cobbs
   (...) I'm not sure yet what we on the LSC will decide with respect to concave quads. It may be that we'll change that paragraph to a recommendation. I personally don't like them, but I can see Orion's point. I may write a utility program to (...) (17 years ago, 21-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: LDraw File Format Spec 1.0 DRAFT - Call for Public Comments —Steve Bliss
     (...) Keep in mind, the original LDraw tool treats concave quads as triangles, effectively ignoring the contained vertex. So, by the 0.27 "spec", concave quads are inappropriate. Which can be translated as they are disallowed, but the renderer copes (...) (17 years ago, 21-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: LDraw File Format Spec 1.0 DRAFT - Call for Public Comments —Rob Ross
   (...) Page 16 of the OpenGL spec, v2.1 states: "Only convex polygons are guaranteed to be drawn correctly by the GL." Rob (17 years ago, 21-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad)