 CAD / 14678
Re: LSynth rubber band question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2007 21:58:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

   Hi Jim,

There is a new LSynth in the works. You can see the updates on sourceforge.

Willy has been doing a great job testing, and driving change based on his experience.

Don Heyse has been taking care of the code, and hammering out the bad synthesis behavior, and adding features as suggested by Willy.

I took all the LEGO part specifics out of the source code and put them in an MPD file that is read by LSynth on startup.

Unfortunatly none of these changes involving non-planar rubber band synthesis support.

That’s OK. Thank you for the explanation of LSynth’s current development. Reading the relevant part descriptions from an external file sounds like a great idea. That should make it easier to add support for new parts in the future. I wish Bricksmith used this strategy for colors, too.

I may be able to “fake it” anyway by angling the two halves of my attempted synthesis down together.

Jim