 CAD / 14508
    3D scanning of Lego —Andrew Westrate
   Slashdot readers have probably already seen this, but for the rest of you, there is an article in the New York Times about using a 3d scanner and rapid prototype machine to reproduce LEGO: (URL) (17 years ago, 6-Apr-07, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.mediawatch)

        Re: 3D scanning of Lego —Chris Phillips
   (...) back, so I've seen firsthand the output from their older-generation machines. He showed me a nut and bolt that were fabricated already assembled. He said the company had demos where they could "print" a 3-D model of a ship inside a bottle, or (...) (17 years ago, 6-Apr-07, to lugnet.cad)