 CAD / 14054
  Would this be Legal to do?

I am working on a project for MLCad, which makes viewing and finding parts easier. I would like my work to be available for people to download, but it requires Ldraw, MLCad and official Ldraw parts files to be downloaded in a package. I would like (...) (18 years ago, 28-Aug-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Would this be Legal to do?

(...) Hi Ryan, Sorry to tell you but it would not be legal. The only site that can deliver the parts is (URL) At present there is no way around this. Tim (18 years ago, 28-Aug-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Would this be Legal to do?

Well actually... You could legally include a copy of the ldraw parts archive that pre-dates the license that all the authors had to agree to and then have your install script look for newer parts, if it detects an Internet connection... (...) (18 years ago, 28-Aug-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Would this be Legal to do?

(...) First, I am not a lawyer. Are you sure, I thought the Official parts were under the OPL: (URL) would be a real blow to know that the community effort on parts was then boxed up and the community denied the right to redistribute and modify (two (...) (18 years ago, 29-Aug-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Would this be Legal to do?

(...) A very quick check with Google-- (URL) web page that isn't LDRAW.org (but has obvious links to same) that has it's own download package which includes the LDraw library. In my history with virtual LEGO bricks, I've stumbled across a few sites (...) (18 years ago, 29-Aug-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Would this be Legal to do?

(...) Hi all, Many thanks for your replies. This project isn’t anything major. All it is an excel file that you can use as a template to update the parts tree list helping to arrange a display parts more neatly, categorised…. Then contents from the (...) (18 years ago, 29-Aug-06, to lugnet.cad)