 CAD / 14011
  Re: Hangin' around

(...) which IMO are so detrimental for all pictures containing high frequencies (=sharp edges). PNG is lossless, and doesn't generate anything like that. I know what I would use... JPEG is (maybe?) good for continous color changes, ie photos. (18 years ago, 15-Aug-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Hangin' around

(...) I agree (mostly), which is why LDView doesn't support JPEG snapshots, even with color subsampling disabled. Implementing JPEG support would be fairly easy, but I've always felt that it wasn't appropriate. Having said that, I don't personally (...) (18 years ago, 16-Aug-06, to lugnet.cad)