 CAD / 13684
Re: confusing parts names "beam" "liftarm"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2006 16:50:56 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Michael Heidemann wrote:
I think it is necessary to have a guidline for nameing such parts.

Some are called "Technik beam..." and some are called "Technik liftarm..."

Are there any suggestion or guidelines out there, I did not find something.

MikeHeide

As these parts are cycled through the Parts Tracker to make better use of the
primitives, I am trying to standardise this naming to be more in line with the
liftarm definition in the excellent Technica reference
<http://isodomos.com/technica/technica.html>. Note that previous discussions
have identified that "liftarm" is not used in the English language outside the
LEGO community.

I am trying only to use "Technic Beam nn" or "Technic Beam nn x 0.5" and add the
liftarm designation as a qualifier where the part has an axle hole at one end -
I am more or less happy with the current results of this Parts Tracker search
<http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptscan.cgi?q='technic%20beam'>. The original
"liftarm" (2825.dat) has had a further "with Boss" qualifier added.

Until these become official we have a hybrid situation in the official library.

Chris