 CAD / 135
Re: Backgrounds in POVray
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 08:56:56 GMT

On Tue, 27 Oct 1998 16:25:01 GMT, wvw@earthlink.net (De Bengel) wrote:
Hi,

After finding L3P, I tried to see what a model would look like
redered. Very impressing, and I immediately feld a need to make it
better ;-) I had a space-craft model to experiment with and wanted to
have a nice galaxy-type background. I loooked through the file that
came with POVray, and found the stars.inc. But how do you apply those
textures to the background? Can anyone explain how that works?

Save yourself a _lot_ of aggravation and hair-pulling and go get the
Galaxy include file here:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434/

Makes background work much easier.  An example of my using it is at:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Zone/9500/instruct.htm

-- Terry K --